Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sunday 11/14: Squats, etc.

After a morning filled with supervising ten 3 year olds for an hour or so in the nursery at church, we made it home, got a bite to eat from Chipotle and then I finally had time to try and lift (with the end of the 1:00 p.m. games on TV of course).  Just didn't seem to have the energy that I had last Sunday but I muddled through and tried to make the best of it.  After a 10 minute warm-up on the Precor and some stretching, started with squats. 

Sets went like this:  8x190, 6x230, 5x275, 4x290, 2x315.  Just didn't have the top end for some reason so I couldn't push towards or past 340 like I intended to.

Followed up the squats by trying to cut down on rest between sets and exercises so I did 4 supersets of stiff leg deadlifts (8x145), extensions on the Powertec bench (8x70) and calf raises on the hack squat rack (12x250).  That managed to tire me out as punishment for not squating well.

Oh well, can't set a personal record every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment