Friday, June 24, 2011

Making Progress

I really suck at keeping this thing up to date, much as I suck at the diet side of the process.  Lifting is going well overall.  My bench is stuck at about 360 and doesn't seem to want to budge.  I haven't diagnosed the problem yet but I'm trying to incorporate some heavier tricep work since I seem to be losing it at the top end of the lift.  We'll see if that pans out over the next few months.

Deadlifts and squats continue to see improvement.  I missed a 505 deadlift last week after my last heavy set.  Lost it about 2/3 of the way up.  I'm incorporating rack pulls to try and improve the top end of the lift.

Standing overhead presses have seen the most dramatic improvement.  I felt froggy last weekend at the end of a heavy 5/3/1 week and decided to try a single at 225.  I missed it at first but stepped out, reset and pushed one out.  Very minimal leg movement to get it started.  The top end felt like it took an hour by I got it all the way up.

Going well and I'm going to do better with updating this thing.

1 comment:

  1. Alden,

    I still have about 200 pieces of stone in my back yard. You can train like Rocky in Russia...

    ReplyDelete